Employer commitment and policy
This section lists the objectives of the health and safety manual, provides a brief summary of the health and safety legislation and defines accountabilities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
24-7 Security Services Ltd is committed in providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, visitors and all persons using the premises as a place of work.
Management will develop and maintain a Health and Safety Management System. Specifically, Management and Health and Safety Committee will:
- Set Health and Safety objectives and performance criteria for all employee and work areas.
- Annually review Health and Safety objectives and employee performance.
- Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries.
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective actions.
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort.
- Provide a treatment and rehabilitation plan that ensures a safe, early and durable return to work.
- Identify all existing and new hazards and take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimize the exposure to any hazards deemed to be significant.
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately informed and trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner.
- Encourage employee consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety.
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including the annual review of policies and procedures and the formulation of an Annual Health and Safety Plan.
- Meet our obligations under the Health and Safety in Employment ACT 1992, the Health and Safety in Employment
- Regulations 1995, Code of Practice and any relevant Standards or Guidelines.
- Every employee of the company is expected to share in the commitment to the Health and Safety.
- Every manager or supervisor has a responsibility for the Health and Safety of those employees working under their direction.
On behalf of the General Manager
Dated 1st April 2016